|If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, |
you will be FIRED with enthusiasm.
- Explain how simulus intensity is related to absolute thresholds.
- Describe the JND and explain Weber’s law.
- Explain the basic thrust of signal-detection theory.
- Summarize evidence on perception without awareness and discuss the practical implications of subliminal perception.
- Discuss the meaning and significance of sensory adaptation.
1. DO NOW: What questions do you have from Chapter 3 "Bases of Behavior?"
2. Begin Chapter 4 "Sensation and Perception" We will begin by looking at the Psyktrek CD. Mr. Duez will quiz the class over the first portion.
3. We will then begin the first 1/2 of a video over
The Responsive Brain is the fourth program in the DISCOVERING PSYCHOLOGY series (click to watch the video)
This program explores how the brain alters its structure and functioning in response to social situations. You'll learn about the impact of different stimuli on human and animal brains, from the effect of human touch on premature babies to the effect of social status on the health of baboons.
Students should take notes and be prepared to discuss following the video. (If we do not finish, we will do so tomorrow)
TAKE HOME TEST DUE ON TUESDAY.
QUIZ on Chapter 4 will be next Monday.
Brain Unit Extra Credit due on Friday!