FRQ Timed Writing this Friday.
You can prep for both questions, but I will flip a coin and that will decide which question you have to write.
Here are the questions:
LINK TO THE PDF
Advanced Placement Psychology - Mr. Duez Free Response Questions
It is not enough to answer a question by merely listing facts. You should present a cogent argument based on your critical analysis of the question posed, using appropriate psychology terminology.
1. For each of the following pairs of terms, explain how the placement or location of the first influences the process indicated by the second.
• Rods, peripheral vision
• A list of unrelated words, word recall
• Serotonin, reduction of depression
• Retinal disparity, depth perception
• Motor cortex, body movement
• Presence of others, performance
• Proximity, perception
2. At a schoolwide pep rally preceding a big game at Williams James High School, each grade has a designated t-shirt color and seating area in the bleachers. Student leaders organize classes so that their colored shirts combine to form the school flag. The coach gives an exciting speech, the cheerleaders perform a routine, and the band plays the school song while the students sing in unison.
Explain the behavior and perceptions of the participants in the pep rally using the concepts below. Be sure to apply the concepts to the scenario in your explanation.
• Cocktail party effect
• Figure ground
• Occipital lobe
• Procedural memory
• Sympathetic nervous system