Advanced Placement Psychology with Mr. Duez
Review Week & Final ExamWEEK at a Glance:
MON - No School - Memorial Day
TUE - Video Project - watch examples & collect final projects; College Plans
WED/THU - Work on Legacy Project with Mr. Duez; Brain Games Episode "Follow the Leader"
FRI - Work on Legacy Project with Mr. Duez; Revealing Psychology Videos - Prep for Finals.
Last week of the school year...
MON & TUE - Review for Final Exams
WED - Finals 1, 2, 5 - None in WHAP
THU - Finals 3, 6
FRI - Finals 7, 4
FINAL EXAM SCHEDULE:
Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Quote: "And we shall shine on, like the moon and the stars and the sun." - John Lennon
1. DO NOW: At this time, what college or university do you plan on attending? What are your options for a course of study/major?
2. Video Project: Collect final projects for video project. Watch them in class and discuss.
3. Discuss how to review for Final Exam.
|Don't sleep on U of H. It is quickly becoming a world class university.|
Wednesday, May 29, 2013 and Thursday, May 30, 2013
Quote: "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain and most fools do." - Benjamin Franklin
1. DO NOW: What do you want your legacy to be?
2. Legacy Project: We will work in groups and then individually to produce letters detailing for next year's Psych students ways to succeed in the class. Tips, Tricks, & How to Survive. We will turn this into a quick video and have some fun with it.
3. Work on Legacy Project with Mr. Duez
4. Brain Games Video: Follow the Leader - Everyone likes to think they're unique, but like it or not, much of your behavior is influenced by copying other people. We're going to to discover whether your brain is a born leader or a born follower.
|The summer reading assignment for AP Psychology.|
Friday, May 31, 2013
Quote: "To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time." - Leonard Bernstein
1. DO NOW: What surprised you most about Brain Games: "Follow the Leader"?
2. Revealing Psychology Videos - Review for exam by watching the Revealing Psychology Series and discussing the experiments.
Class will choose which of the video choices they would like to watch & discuss.
Monday, June 3, 2013
Quote: "Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." - Dalai Lama
1. REVIEW FOR FINAL EXAM.
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Quote: “People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.” - George Carlin
1. Last Day - Photos and Fun.
2. REVIEW FOR FINAL EXAM.
|What are your plans this summer? There is so much to do in Houston, right in our backyard.|
Wednesday, June 5, 2013 Through Friday, June 7th, 2013
Quote: “As they say in my hometown, Don't Forget To Be Awesome." - John Green
Thanks for a GREAT SEMESTER!
1. Final Exams