•How and why people are motivated
•Different types of motivation
•The importance of emotion in human behavior
Monday, November 7, 2011
Quote of the Day: “Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better. Don’t wish for fewer problems, wish for more skills. Don’t wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom.” - Earl Shoaf
1. Discuss the article from Friday (we didn't finish it) on "Why We Eat."
2. Introduce Chapter 10 Motivation & Emotion with "Hunger" Notes
QUIZ TUESDAY + TEST FRIDAY.
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Quote of the Day: “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” - Waldo Emerson
1. Do Now Question: Suppose you are a university counselor who wants to develop a program to improve students' academic performance. You believe that many students perform poorly because of motivational problems, including simple lack of motivation as well as being motivated by the wrong things. What are some of the considerations that should guide the design of your program?
2. Notes, Finish "Hunger"
3. Quiz last 15 minutes of class.
TEST IS FRIDAY.
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Quote of the Day: “An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.” - Pope John Paul I
1. DO NOW QUESTION: Compare and contrast sexual motivation with the basic motives of hunger and thirst. How well do the concepts of drive and homeostasis contribute to understanding sexual motivation?
2. Notes & Discussion: "Motivation" (including Theories of Motivation, Achievement, and Sexual Motivation)3. PsykTrek 3.0 Review Game
TEST IS FRIDAY.
Friday, November 11, 2011
Quote of the Day: “The test we must set for ourselves is not to march alone but to march in such a way that others wish to join us.” - Hubert Humphrey
1. TEST Chapter 10, Motivation & Emotion
2. Begin reading Chapter 11 for unit on Developmental Psychology.