- How and why people are motivated
- Different types of motivation
- The importance of emotion in human behavior
Quote of the Day: "The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind." -William James
1. DVD, “The Milgram Experiment Re-Visted.”
write down notes as watch the video and write a summary (2-3 sentences long) at the end.
2. Read & Annotate the article: “Tired of Feeling Bad? The New Science of Feelings Can Help”
Quote of the Day: "Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
1. Review Test Ch. 9
2. Review Articles "Tired of Feeling Bad? The New Science of Feelings Can Help" and "Why We Eat."
3. Notes, Discussion, and Video: Chapter 10 Motivation and Emotion
Quote of the Day: "One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive hour. Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
1. Quiz on Chapter 10.
2. Notes, Discussion, and Video: Chapter 10 Motivation & Emotion
Quote of the Day: "Some people are making such thorough plans for rainy days that they aren't enjoying today's sunshine." -William Feather
1. DO NOW QUESTION:
2. Notes, Discussion and Video: Chapter 10 Motivation & Emotion
TEST IS MOVED TO TUESDAY OF NEXT WEEK!