Advanced Placement Psychology with Mr. Duez
AP Test Review
Testing Schedule for EOC Subjects – May 7-9
Monday May 6th
AP TEST IS AT NOON. You need to be to the LGI by 11:30 am.
Tuesday May 7th (2nd period only for FOUR HOURS PLUS)
*(EOC 9th Math & 10th WH During 2nd Pd)
*2nd Pd: 7:25 - 11:40
4th Pd: 11:47 – 1:15
A Lunch - 11:40 – 12:09
B Lunch - 12:13 – 12:42
C Lunch - 12:46 – 1:15
6th Pd: 1:22 – 2:45
Wednesday May 8th NO AP PSYCH. :(
Thursday May 9th NO AP PSYCH :(
Friday May 10th
-Normal Bell Schedule-
Monday May 6, 2012
Quote: "If you don’t know where you’re going, you’ll probably end up somewhere else." - Yogi Berra
1. Students will turn in corrections for the practice test.
2. DO NOW QUESTION: 2008 FRQ -
We conducted a variation of Asch’s (1951) conformity study in which participants made judgments about the length of lines. We randomly assigned participants to one of two conditions and told them that the study involved perceptual abilities. In the first condition, participants estimated the length of lines after hearing
five people pretending to be participants (confederates) give inaccurate estimates. In the second condition, participants estimated the length of lines without hearing estimates of confederates. As we expected, participants in the first condition were less accurate in their estimates of line length, demonstrating the tendency to conform
to majority influence.
A) How would each element below be related to the specific content of the experiment reported in the abstract?
• Control group • Deception • Operational definition of the dependent variable • Hypothesis • Debriefing
B) How might participants’ estimates of line length in the study be related to the following?
• Cognitive dissonance • Maslow’s hierarchy of needs
3. Review FRQ Asch Experiment.
4. Review Open to student fueled questions and preparation.
Tuesday May 7, 2013 -- Friday, May 10, 2013
(Will only see each WHAP class once)
Quote: "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose." - Dr. Seuss
1. DO NOW QUESTION: What units did you feel the best prepared for on the AP Psychology Exam and which were you the least prepared. We can not talk about the questions, but this is a critique of the course so that Mr. Duez can improve it next year. :)
2. Discussion of the Placebo Effect, with video.
|What a wonderful world.|
Quote: "You don't look up truthfulness in a book, you look it up in your gut." - Stephen Colbert
1. CELEBRATION - AP TEST IS OVER! GREAT JOB!!!