If you learn only 5 things in this chapter:
1. Cognitive development refers to the ways in which our ability to think and reason change over our life spans.
2. Two theorists important in the area of cognitive development are Jean Piaget & Lev Vygotsky.
3. Social development refers to the changes in our ability to interact with others as we age.
4. Our primary caregiver provides us with our earliest social cues.
5. The stages of prenatal development.
Chapter 12 Test due in class Next Thursday - 4/19Monday, April 9, 2012 - No School
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Quote of the Day: "April hath put a spirit of youth in everything." —William Shakespeare
1. Notes, Video, & Discussion - CH 11 Development
2. Video: The Developing Child
3. PsykTrek CD
9B: Erickson's Stages of Personality Development
9C: Piaget's Theory of Cognitive Development
9D: Kohlberg's Theory of Moral Development
There are interactive quizzes after each portion, we'll take those in class as a group. This is a fantastic portion of the cd to use to prepare for the test for Friday.
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Quote of the Day: "Science has never drummed up quite as effective a tranquilizing agent as a sunny spring day." —W. Earl Hall
1. Quiz Chapter 11 - Development Adolescent
2. Video: The Teen Brain
3. Quiz Chapter 11 - Development Adult
Friday, April 13, 2012
Quote of the Day: "Spring is when life's alive in everything." —Christina Rossetti
1. TEST Chapter 11 - Development
2. Begin reading chapters 14, 15, and 16. This is our final unit of the semester.
14 and 15 is Abnormal Psychology & Treatments
16 is Social Psychology