Chapter 4 - Sensation & Perception
1. Perception is the interpretation of sensory information; it relies on experience.
2. The difference between sensation and perception
3. The structure and function of the eye & ear.
4. How does taste and smell work almost as one sense at times?
5. Describe the process of touch and pain thresholds.
Monday, January 30, 2012
Quote: "All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on." - Henry Ellis
1. Discussion - Article - "The Yogurt Made Me Do It."
2. Notes, Discussion, & Video: Chapter 4 - Sensation & Perception: Introduction
3. PsychTrek CD - Introduction to vision.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Quote: "Every man dies. Not every man really lives." - William Wallace
1. Notes & Discussion: Chapter 4 Sensation & Perception: Vision
2. PsychTrek CD - Review over vision.
Wednesday/Thursday, Feb. 1 & 2, 2012
Quote: "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost
1. Finish Notes, Discussion, & Video over Vision.
2. Discuss Sensation & Perception: Hearing & The Ear.
3. (Last 15-20 minutes of class) Reading Check Quiz Chapter 4 Sensation & Perception. Students can use their target sheets and notes.
Friday, February 3, 2012
Quote: "The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases." - Carl Jung
1. Finish Sensation & Perception: Hearing & The Ear Notes.
2. Use PsycTrek 3 CD to review Hearing.
Next Monday & Tuesday -- Finish Chapter 4 with touch/pain/thresholds and review. Test is next Thursday.